KMHA will host a Hockey Canada Officiating Clinic in early September.  Anyone 12 years of age and older that is interested in becoming an on ice official for the 2017/18 season must complete this clinic.  An HCOP clinic is required every season in order to be a referee or a linesperson within BC Hockey.  Clinic dates and information will be posted on the KMHA website under the officiating tab. To get started, visit this page:


Referee Contacts   
Gord Hynes870-3445Referee in
Darcy Sigfuson863-4363Midget
Dave MacClellan763-9618Bantam
Ken Spence762-9553Boys PeeWee Rep /Bantam & Midget Rep
Dave Houghton860-1229Bantam & Midget
Ward Pateman864-7397Atom/PeeWee House / Atom Sr and
Bryce Medd717-8800Mentor
Kelly MacKenzieMentor

Official Pay Rates

Novice/Initiation $20 + 20 (2 refs)
Atom House $25 + 25 (2 refs)
Atom Dev $30 + 23 + 23 (3 refs)
Pee Wee House $30 + 30 (2 refs)
Pee Wee Rep $35 + 25 + 25 (3 refs)
Bantam House $40 + 40 (2 refs)
Bantam Rep $40 + 35 + 35 (3 refs)
Midget House $45 + 45 (2 refs)
Midget Rep $45 + 35 + 35 (3 refs )



Rep includes boys and girls.


a) Games that only one official does alone, official will get both linesman allocation.

b) Play off game commitments ( ie:3rd game) committed and then cancelled ½ the fee paid.

c) You must give 24 hours notice on game cancellations.

d) Games missed are cause for suspension and loss of  a game fee. ( fine )

e) Games that are assigned and Officials make it to the Rink and no teams shows up or cancelled within 36 hours, the Officials will be paid.

f) Early morning games before 8:00 am will have a $10.00 premium.

g) Friday games before 5 pm, two or 3 man, will receive 1.5  x the game  fee.

Note: any pay issue’s/questions please e-mail Ken Spence at

** If the game you do is short an official, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILTY to contact the assignor and make him aware. The assignor will then make the adjustment for you to be paid properly. We do not rely on the game sheets.

*** If you fill in for someone last minute, or do a game you were not scheduled for, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILTY to contact the assignor and make him aware. Don't ever assume that someone else will look after it for you.